MATH E 115 ASSIGNMENT FOR FEBRUARY 6, 2015
1. The base of a right prism is a rhombus with a side of 12 cm and an altitude of 15 cm. Determine the diagonals of the prism if the if the height of the prism is 60 cm.
2. The total area of a regular square prism is 122 dm2 and its altitude is 240 mm, Determine the volume of the prism.
3. The volume of a rectangular prism is 6,840 cm3. Determine its dimensions if they are in the ratio of in the ratio of 2:3:5.
4. The base of an aquarium has dimensions of 60 cm by 150 cm. If the height of the water inside is 45 cm, how many kilograms of water does it hold if density of water is 1000 kg/m3 ?
5.Find the volume of the largest cylinder with a circular base that can be inscribed in a cube whose volume is 14,137.16 cm3.
6. A circular log of radius 60 cm and 600 cm long is to be cut to form a lumber with
a square cross section. Find the largest volume of the lumber that can be obtained.
7. Determine the surface area of a circular log of radius 45 cm and 550 cm long. What is the base area and volume of the log ?
8. A rectangular tank with base dimension of 220 cm by 3.6 m is containing water with height of 1.86 m. If this water is transferred into cylindrical tank with diameter of 200 cm, what is the height of the water. How many kilogram of water does the tank hold ?
E N D